My artistic training, skills and experience
Katie O x
I have over 15 years experience as an artist and have been providing commissions, creative services and hosting exhibitions for the past 9 years. I graduated from De Montfort University with an Honours Degree in Fine Art. My artwork has been displayed in a number of galleries, exhibitions and fairs across the UK. My artwork has received excellent reviews in the local media. I have worked in two art galleries, been a scenic art assistant at the Belgrade Theatre and supported the art department at Coventry University.
- BA Fine Art, De Montfort University, 2009
- A Levels – Art: B, English Lit.: C, Biology: D, Bishop Ullathorne School, 2006
- 10 GCSEs – All grades A* – B, Bishop Ullathorne School, 2004
My Art Exhibitions
- The Katie O Art Exhibition, Bedworth Art Centre, 2013
- Minor Malfunctions: Psychology of the Machine, Lock Gallery, Coventry, 2012
- Artwork by Katie O – Permanent Exhibition, A Most Marvellous Place to Shop Art Gallery, Northampton, 2012 – Present
- Lost in a Wood – Sculptures and Artwork by Katie O, Exhibition Hall, Coventry, 2011
- We are Birmingham Gallery – Katie O Art Exhibition, Dale End, Birmingham, 2011
- Monster Exhibition – The Artwork of Katie O, Lock Gallery, Coventry, 2010
- Coventry Open at the Herbert Art Gallery – Artwork by Katie O, Herbert Art Gallery and Museum, Coventry, 2010
- The Good Art Gallery presents the Art of Katie O, Bullring, Birmingham, 2010
- City Gallery – The Artwork of Katie O, City Gallery, Leicester, 2009
My Art Fairs
- The Katie O Christmas Fair, Roots Gallery, Coventry, 2012
- A Most Marvellous Place to Shop Art Fair – The Katie O Stall, Northampton, 2012
- Canal Basin Art Fair – The Katie O Artwork Stall, Canal Basin, Coventry, 2010
- Transport Museum Art Fair – Artwork by Katie O, Transport Museum, Coventry, 2010
Art-based Work Experience
- Gallery Assistant for We are Birmingham Art Gallery. Feb 2011 – July 2011 – Duties included booking in and filing new artwork, hanging and displaying artwork and general art gallery maintenance. Also included media based advertising and reviewing artwork for the gallery website.
- Gallery Assistantfor Gallery 150. Oct 2010 – Jan 2011 – Duties included promotion of the gallery and its exhibits, managing memberships and maintenance of the gallery database. Duties also included organizing private viewings of the exhibits, monitoring gallery security and recording visitors.
- Scenic Art Assistantfor Belgrade Theatre Scenic Art Department. 2010 – Volunteer position for temporary art project. Duties included preparing backdrops and stage props for a pantomime.
- Art Department Assistant for Coventry University. 2003 – Volunteer position within the department. Duties included helping students with the practical aspects of graphic design, ceramics, textiles and fine art. Duties also included assisting tutors with the preparation of lesson materials.
Art Memberships and Affiliations
- Member of A Most Marvellous Place to Shop Artists Group – A Most Marvellous Place to Shop Art Gallery, Northampton.
- Member of Leamington Studio Artists (LSA) – Visual Arts Gallery, Leamington Spa.
- Member of Coventry Artspace – Independent Art Facility and Registered Charity, Coventry.